Snow removal is a partnership between Elements, the Town of Truckee, and you. We all have an important role to play. Working together we can effectively manage snow, even in the biggest winters.
What Elements Does:When we receive 3 to 4 inches of snow or more from a storm we clear your driveway from the street to a safe distance from your snow poles, garbage can enclosure, vehicles in your driveway and home. We try to clear to within about 6” to 12” from your snow poles and about 12” to 18” from your vehicles, home or other obstacles. Throughout the season, we will clear about 95 to 98% of all snow that falls on your driveway.
What You Need To Do:
- Clear snow from your driveway when we receive less than 3 to 4 inches;
- Clear the snow in front of your garbage can enclosure to allow the trash collection service to pick up your garbage;
- Clear the snow at your garage door that we can’t clear;
- Clear the snow from your walkway and entry;
- Address any ice buildup on your driveway that we can’t scrape off;
- At times you will need to deal with the berm created when the Town clears the roads.
What We Recommend To Help You:
- Garant Poly Sleigh Shovel – For transporting large amounts of snow, the Garant Sleigh Shovel makes short work of the largest jobs. With its extra-large scoop, it allows you to gather large amounts of snow with each push. It also features an ergonomic handle that provides comfort and maximum stability
- Garant Alpine Poly Snow Shovel – It’s poly blade is reinforced with a steel wear strip to ensure a prolonged life. It combines the best features of a shovel and a scraper; large enough to clear large areas and deep enough to lift a lot of snow. It has the capacity to adapt to the majority of your needs for complete and efficient snow removal.
- Garant Nordic Sidewalk Scraper – Cut easily through layers of ice and hardened snow with the Garant sidewalk scraper. This tool is designed for those who want quality tools at a competitive price. It is equipped with a stamped and tempered steel blade for maximum strength. It long thin hardwood handle absorbs shock well and provides you with more leverage for clearing away ice.
- Snowblowers – While the Honda is the gold standard in snowblowers, less expensive models are available locally at Mountain Hardware.
- Hire A Snow Shoveling Service – Click here to see who we recommend →
Are We Clearing Your Driveway This Winter?
We’re 65 people and 72 pieces of equipment working together to provide you with the best winter access.