Elements Mountain Co. is the Founding Partner of the Tahoe Donner Giving Fund and each year we donate $4,500 to cover their administrative costs so that 100% of your donations go toward scholarships for local students and grants to local non-profit organizations.
This year, we are helping in promoting the Giving Fund’s outreach for Giving Tuesday, appropriately named #GivingFundTuesday.
To participate in this #GivingFundTuesday, the Giving Fund is providing donors with a ready-made template called the “Unselfie” to post on social media. Just print the “Unselfie” template then follow these steps:
- Donate To The Giving Fund!
- Write on the “Unselfie” why you felt compelled to donate to the Giving Fund (and include the hashtag #GivingFundTuesday)
- Take a selfie with your “Unselfie” and post that photo on Nextdoor, Instagram and/or Twitter
- Please do this TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 30!
- BONUS: When you donate $50 or more on #GivingFundTuesday, the first 100 donors receive a certificate for 20% off your food bill (up to $250) at The Lodge Restaurant & Pub
Your support of Giving Tuesday can do so much:
- $50 could provide fresh, seasonal, sustainably grown food for a community member facing food insecurity
- $100 could harden 15 feet of trail for mountain biking
- $175 could help fund a college scholarship for a student with limited funds
- $250 could fund 120 meals for local senior citizens
THE GIVING FUND
The Tahoe Donner Giving Fund was created in 2014 by the Tahoe Donner Association board to pool gifts from homeowners to support the good work of local non-profits and provide deserving graduating high school students with scholarships to advance their education. Each year, working through the Truckee Tahoe Community Foundation, we provide funding to help those in need, support our youth, protect special places, and make our lives better.