Snow Removal Tips & Expectations
Elements’ goal is to provide you with a timely and reliable snow removal service as well as a thorough driveway cleaning. By giving your attention to these few items you can help us provide everyone with the best possible service.
• Our daily start time is dictated by snowfall accumulation. We start our operations when Tahoe Donner received about four inches of snow. Because storms are unpredictable the timing of your driveway clearing may vary from day to day.
• Whenever possible, we try to start clearing snow at about 2:30 a.m. This start time allows us to have all homes cleared by 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
• We clear every driveway each time we run our routes. We return to as many homes as possible to re-clear the driveway or clear away the Town of Truckee’s berm.
• The Town of Truckee clears snow from the roads in Tahoe Donner. The Town may push snow from the roads into the mouth of your driveway, creating the berm. We try to return as quickly as possible to clear this berm, but there may be cases where you will need to shovel this berm to get into or out of your driveway.
• If you have a vehicle in your driveway on snow clearing nights, please try to move it by 7:30 a.m. so that we can return to clear the area where your vehicle was parked.
• Don’t let us hold you up. Feel free to drive over the snow in your driveway if it has not yet been cleared. We’ll be there shortly. Most homeowners have capable four wheel drive vehicles that are able to drive through six to twelve inches of snow without any problem.
• Please try to keep firewood, toys, sleds, dog tethers, garden hoses, lumber and any other obstacles out of your driveway when it is snowing. These items can clog or damage our equipment, causing everyone to suffer a reduction in the quality of their snow removal service.
• Our snow stakes are critical to our success. They mark the perimeter of your driveway and allow us to clear the maximum area without risking equipment or property damage. If you notice a downed stake please try to fix it yourself. Feel free to call and advise of any stake(s) you are not able to fix.
• We will clear snow as close as possible to your garage door. However, it is a good idea to shovel the snow in front of the garage door as soon as you can. Over time this snow tends to ice up and may cause access problems.
• Please be aware of the location of your children and pets when it is snowing. The public and private snow removal companies work as quickly and safely as possible, but we need your help to insure that no one gets hurt on snow clearing days.
Complying with these tips will help us deliver the most timely service possible. Please feel free to call the Elements’ office at (530) 582-0300 if you have any questions or comments about our service.